September 15, 2016

TBT #46 - Review: Fisher's Light by Tara Sivec



★TBT #46★
Tara Sivec's achingly beautiful second chance romance FISHER'S LIGHT is on this weeks #ThrowbackThrusday. I highly recommend this to all the romance lovers! You got to meet this wonderful couple and live their EPIC love story.


Title: Fisher’s Light
Author: Tara Sivec
Series: none
Genre: contemporary romance, new adult

Fisher,

I guess this is it, huh? After fourteen years together, starting a life of our own on this island, five deployments and countless letters I’ve written you through it all, I finally go out to the mailbox and see something I’ve always dreamed of: an envelope with your handwriting on it. For one moment, I actually thought you’d changed your mind, that all the awful things you said to me were just your way of coping after everything you’d been through. I was still here, Fisher. I was still here, holding my breath, waiting for you to come back even though you told me you never would. You always said you’d find your way back to me. Out of all the lies you’ve told me, this one hurts the most.

Enclosed you will find the signed divorce papers, as requested.
I hope you find what you’re looking for. I’m sorry it wasn’t me.

Lucy

To get the ending they want, Lucy and Fisher will have to go back to the beginning. Through the good and the bad, they’ll be reminded of why they always made their way back to each other, and why this time, one way or another, it will be the last time.



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW


“4.5 stars”

description

There are two kinds of romance novel - A) two people falling in love which they wouldn’t realize/admit until half of the book and B) two people falling out of love and the whole book is about fighting for what belongs to them and finding their way back to each other.

I’m a huge sucker for the latter! And Fisher’s Light is all about it. There’s something heart-warming to read about married couples which never cease to restore my faith in true love, that being said I’m madly in love with this story.

It was achingly beautiful second chance romance I’ve read in very long time. I loved the main characters so very much, Fisher and Lucy were amazingly strong and their love for one another is so powerful you wish for their story to never end.
“You and me against the world, Fisher.
It’s always been you and me, and it always will be.”
 
This is my first book from Tara Sivec and I’ve no clue why it took me so long to read her books! Her writing is simply exquisite, descriptive and appealing. Right from the prologue till the very end I was connected to every aspect of this story, I could feel their emotions, pain, struggle as though I was with them in every step of their life.

There’s this two chapters from Fisher’s POV (his journal entry), it broke my heart to read those agony filled pages. Kudos to the author for bringing out massive amount of feels in those pages!

Then why not 5 stars?
While the romance and depth of emotions totally captivated me, I honestly felt second half was tad bit repetitive or was it dragged?!

I highly recommend this to all the romance lovers! You got to meet this wonderful couple and live their EPIC love story.

No comments

Post a Comment

+up