May 19, 2016

TBT #33 - Review: The Mistress (The Original Sinners #4) by Tiffany Reisz


★TBT #33★
This weeks on #‎ThrowbackThrusday‬ is the series which left me overwhelmingly speechless and in a puddle of emotions. I'm talking about the insanely AWESOME and my all time favourite The Original Sinners by Tiffany Reisz. Their story sucked me in from the very beginning, I loved, loathed, laughed, swooned, prayed and cried over these characters. I couldn’t stop thinking about them when I’m awake, I dream about them, lost my sleep, lost my appetite BUT I don’t regret single minute of it.

Title: The Mistress
Author: Tiffany Reisz
Series: The Original Sinners #4
Genre: bdsm, contemporary romance

The final book in The Original Sinners Series - The Red Years.
There's punishment-and then there's vengeance.

Nora Sutherlin is being held, bound and naked. Under different circumstances, she would enjoy the situation immensely, but her captor isn't interested in play. Or pity.

As the reality of her impending peril unfolds, Nora becomes Scheherazade, buying each hour of her life with stories-sensual tales of Søren, Kingsley and Wesley, each of whom has tempted and tested and tortured her in his own way. This, Nora realizes, is her life: nothing so simple, so vanilla, as a mere love triangle for her. It's a knot in a silken cord, a tangled mass of longings of the body and the heart and the mind. And it may unravel at any moment.

But in Nora's world, no one is ever truly powerless-a cadre of her friends, protectors and lovers stands ready to do anything to save her, even when the only certainty seems to be sacrifice and heartbreak....



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW


The Mistress by Tiffany Reisz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“4.75 forever and everything stars”

Honestly, I was not happy with the story line, sudden appearance of an unknown foe and the need for vengeance after so many years didn't feel right. For nearly 50% of the story all that happening was the civil conversation between the characters or revisiting their past or professing their love. I was pretty much disappointment with it since this is not the usual way tiffany writes the story. It’s like she was trying very hard to give a closure to everyone and it was convenient to bring all the prime characters to sit and have a nice long chat and clear their misunderstanding or enlighten them with a story, I already predicted who is going to end up with whom and who will be left heartbroken. (I know I was li’l judgy but blame the author for setting the standards so high in every passing book!)

But…what I didn’t expect was to live every bit of the stories told by Søren, Nora and Kingsley. The story about their past encounters the reason they love unconditionally was something so spectacular I felt it in my very core. Reading the previous books left me confused about Nora and Søren’s relationship, I never got to see why is that they need each other or why they find their way back to each other and those answers I found it here.
“Sometimes only way to show someone
you love them is to let them go.”
 
Søren loved Nora for 20 years who in her very young age made him take his oath of celibacy back, who had a tendency to fall in trouble every chance she got. Took her under his wing, protected her, made her a strong independent woman and gave her his every wisdom but couldn’t give her a happily ever after. His heart loved her but his conscience wanted to set her free so that she could find somebody who isn’t worried to declare their love or worry about seeing together or atleast who would give her a family. Every time he sets her free every time she ran from him towards her freedom she never could deny the fact nobody loves her the way Søren did and that she always belonged to him.
“Why do you love me so much, you stupid man?”
He smiled down at her.
“Because I met you.”
 
Those two were so imperfect yet perfect for each other. Let it be their open relationship, her need for dalliance, they never tried to change each other but accept it with open heart. Even with so many lovers who could buy her happiness she preferred being a priest’s MISTRESS rather than somebody’s wife. That’s something so tragically beautiful and best love story I’ve ever heard since forever.
“I knelt at his feet because
I felt like that’s where I belonged.
And no, not because I was so unworthy of him,
but because he was so utterly worthy of my devotion.”
I’m glad that I was so wrong about Søren from beginning because seeing him from Nora’s eyes and listening him talk about her made me realized the prince charming and the damsel in despair need not be a normal people with perfect life but just two irrevocably loving, forgiving heart without expecting anything in return. All I want to say is-you have not seen true love until you have met Søren and his Eleanor.

Tiffany Reisz-I don’t know what to say which hasn’t been said about this god’s most wonderful creation. Thank you…. for writing this magnificent series, for making me question my morals and ethics, for giving life to this characters who permanently reside in my heart, for showing different shades of love and for making me say when I find myself in a difficult situation “What would Nora do?”…Just THANK YOU

It’s been literally 10 days since I met them; Their story sucked me in from the very beginning, I loved, loathed, laughed, swooned, prayed and cried over these characters. I couldn’t stop thinking about them when I’m awake, I dream (good and bad) about them, lost my sleep, lost my appetite, almost got fired for taking longer breaks during work hours BUT I don’t regret single minute of it. I promised myself I wouldn’t cry when I write this review but I cant help it, *sobs* it’s damn hard to say goodbye to them.

description

BTW the only reason I couldn’t give perfect 5 stars is Grace!!

Buddy read with my bestie Eda♥

P.S: One of the reason this series remain as an unforgettable memory is because I read it with you. Loved the banters, bitching about MC’s, swooning over King, rooting for our favorite couple and mostly loved that you were equally crazy about this series as I was. Thank you for being you!

P.P.S: Stop running after every silver Rolls Royce you see, King is too good to be true but if at all you find him....GIVE HIM MY NUMBER!!!!

No comments

Post a Comment

+up