March 31, 2016

TBT #26 - Review: Nocte (The Nocte Trilogy #1) by Courtney Cole



★TBT #26★
Nocte by Courtney Cole, Author is on this weeks #ThrowbackThrusday. A psychological thriller which will leave you speechless many hours after reading it. Every page reeks of secrecy, you can’t help but keep guessing the secret/s and most of the time the story felt creepy and haunting that I started to consider it as paranormal *shudders*.


Title: Nocte
Author: Courtney Cole
Series: The Nocte Trilogy #1
Genre: new adult, romance, mystery

My name is Calla Price. I'm eighteen years old, and I'm one half of a whole. My other half—my twin brother, my Finn—is crazy. I love him. More than life, more than anything. And even though I'm terrified he'll suck me down with him, no one can save him but me. I'm doing all I can to stay afloat in a sea of insanity, but I'm drowning more and more each day. So I reach out for a lifeline. Dare DuBray. He's my savior and my anti-Christ. His arms are where I feel safe, where I'm afraid, where I belong, where I'm lost. He will heal me, break me, love me and hate me. He has the power to destroy me. Maybe that's ok. Because I can't seem to save Finn and love Dare without everyone getting hurt. Why? Because of a secret. A secret I'm so busy trying to figure out, that I never see it coming. You won't either.



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW


Nocte by Courtney Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Seriously???
Now when I thought that I'm out of this insanity, there's a new secret to unravel???!!!

Fucking Cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!!!!!


description

What????!!!!!!! next book will be releasing on February???!!!
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?????


description

***************************************

6 hours 40 mins later....
description

Courtney Cole writes one hell of a cliffhanger!!! I have no clue how to write this review without giving away the spoilers!! I can just say that reading blurb is enough to get your attention to read this mindblowing story and I went in knowing nothing!

description

This story revolves around Calla and the mystery surrounding her brother Finn, who’s diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder and the only person who can save him is her. Finn is her twin brother, her best friend and half her soul. Nobody understands his craziness like she does and she’s the only one to calm the voices in his head, she says that she can sense everything about Finn (a twin thing!) but can she feel the depth of his insanity, the constant wailing of voices to a point where he can't filter them from his? Will she go to any extent to save him even if that means she has to go down with him??

description

The only time Calla feels alive is when she is with Dare DuBray a mysterious British hottie who enters her life when she’s drowning in grief after sudden tragedy in her family. He makes her happy, heals her pain, and keeps her sane. There is a strong connection between the two, she knows his touch, his smile, depth in his eyes and she dreams of him every night even before she has met him!! What is the mystery behind his sudden appearance? why does she feel he is her savior?

Calla is tangled in the web of secrets, what happens when she finally figures it out??!!!

description

Nocte is a psychological thriller which will leave you speechless/emotional (yep! Couldn’t hold back my tears) many hours after reading it. Every page reeks of secrecy, you can’t help but keep guessing the secret/s, most of the time the story felt creepy and haunting that I started to consider it as paranormal that’s how well Courtney writes this story - full of suspense, capturing every event, every emotion so well even when she describes the setting it feels so real.

Rating Clarification : Couldn’t give complete 5 stars because it was not all that addictive and not fast paced but enough to keep you turning the pages!! Honestly if it was not for last 10 % the story would have been boring that is if you are an impatient person.

No comments

Post a Comment

+up