November 12, 2015

TBT#6 - Review: Hearts in Darkness (Hearts in Darkness, #1) by Laura Kaye


On this weeks #ThrowbackThrusday - What will happen when two strangers are stuck in a pitch black elevator for four hours when they have no idea how the other person looks like?? and that's what Hearts in darkness by Laura Kaye is about! you will be surprised to find out that this novella of 112 pages with unusual plot will offer a soulful, tragic, sensual and entertaining story.


Title: Hearts in Darkness
Author: Laura Kaye
Series: Hearts in Darkness #1
Genre: contemporary romance, erotica

Makenna James thinks her day can't get any worse, until she finds herself stuck in a pitch-black elevator with a complete stranger. Distracted by a phone call and juggling too much stuff, the pin-striped accountant caught only a glimpse of a dragon tattoo on his hand before the lights went out.

Caden Grayson is amused when a redhead literally falls at his feet. His amusement turns to panic when the power fails. Despite his piercings, tats, and vicious scar, he's terrified of the dark and confined spaces. Now, he's trapped in his own worst nightmare.

To fight fear, they must both reach out and open up. With no preconceived notions based on looks to hold them back, they discover just how much they have in common. In the warming darkness, attraction grows and sparks fly, but will they feel the same when the lights come back on?



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW


Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“I love...that elevator,” she said. With a sleepy smile and a full heart, he turned his head and kissed into her soft hair. “Aw, Red. I love that elevator, too.” 

description

Ohmygod ohmygod OHMYGOD!!! Is it me or is this book freaking AWESOME.

I’m madly, unconditionally, irrevocably in love with this book. I don..I don’t know where to start I feel so overwhelmed right now *breathe dammit*

OK....Apart from being HOT (most of the time) and SMUTTY the story is perfect definition of “Hearts in darkness”. Two strangers trapped in pitch dark elevator for hours, they strike a conversation just to kill time but in their case what started with casual twenty questions then comforting later ending up connecting emotionally. Without putting any efforts they develop trust, in no time they have this undeniable mutual attraction!

Sometimes your heart sees what your eyes overlook. They just needed their touch their voice their words to trust to feel safe and to fall for each other without worrying how other person looks like! And that’s LOVE for me.
“I've never...you're just...” He heaved a sigh. “Aw, hell. I like you, Red. I want to be with you. I want you to argue with me some more. I want to lie in your arms again. I want to touch you. I...I just...” 
Anymore I will always have a smile on my face whenever I’m in the elevator. :)

No comments

Post a Comment

+up