October 29, 2015

TBT #4 - Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Its ‪#‎ThrowbackThrusday‬.....which means I get to post my old reviews again and this week it's my favorite Lux series. A PNR series so addicting it was almost painful to wait for the next book to be out since it always ends with major cliffhangers. Action packed, hilarious, suspense, romance, bickering and full of suprises! it indeed was a Epic read. Did you know its going to be on big screen soon?? 


Title: Obsidian
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #1
Genre: paranormal, romance, young adult

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring… until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something… unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW


Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

-Ball of light -shape shifters -lightning fast -Healers -superstrong ALIENS!!

Did not expect any of these!!!

The story is quiet interesting with the elements of suspense, action, and surprises with witty and sarcastic dialogues. It didn’t pick up the pace until 40% of the book. I felt the suspense was dragged without giving much away nevertheless the story wasn’t all that boring: luxen with mighty power of light fights against darkness Arums (evil aliens trying to steal their powers). Between the battles of good and evil is stuck a fragile human who knows their alien secret, happens to fall in trouble a lot and somehow ends up saving the day!

Best part of this story is Katy a.k.a fruit ninja: sweet ordinary new girl to the town enjoys the solitude of books and her blog, surprisingly brave and strong headed. On other hand I dint know anything about Daemon apart from being super hot, arrogant, a saviour with incredible strength, mood swings, poking, staring and disappearing most of the time I wished there were more to him atleast what’s on his mind and why is he being a jerk!

Honestly i could not feel their chemistry or their attraction. I didn't understand how at one point he is being a jerk and later he confesses he likes her and they have to be together, I’m still blurry on that part.

I’m not stopping with this book, I want to know how this story turns out just for curiosity’s sake.

No comments

Post a Comment

+up