April 27, 2015

Review: Seven Sons (Gypsy Brothers #1) by Lili St. Germain


Title: Seven Sons
Author: Lili St. Germain
Series: Gypsy Brothers #1
Genre: dark, contemporary romance, suspense, erotica
My father was most certainly NOT an innocent man. As the leader of the Gypsy Brothers MC, he was guilty of many things. But he died for a crime that he didn’t commit, framed by an enemy within who then stole his club and everything he had ever worked to protect.

Including my innocence.

When Dornan Ross framed my father, he set into motion a series of events that could never be undone. My father was murdered by Dornan Ross and his sons when I was fifteen years old.

Before my father died, Dornan Ross and his seven sons stole my innocence, branded my skin and in doing so, ensured that their lives would be prematurely cut short. That they would suffer.

I’ve just turned twenty-one, and I’m out for blood. I'm out for revenge.

But I didn't expect to fall for Jase, the youngest brother in the club.

I didn't expect that he would turn my world upside down, yank my heart out of my chest and ride away into the sunset with it.

Now, I'm faced with an impossible choice - Jase, or avenging my fathers death?


FREEBIE!!
Amazon US | Amazon UK






MY REVIEW


Seven Sons by Lili St. Germain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 awesome twisted start Stars




“Confucius said, “Before embarking upon a journey of revenge, dig two graves.”



I planned to dig seven.”


Classic case of 'I just read a few pages and see what all the fuzz is about'...suffice it to say, I read the whole thing in one go. Damn, that was something!

Sooo...


I'm glad you asked. Juliette is serving death to a bunch of bastards. Nothing much really.

Six years ago she lost everything; her family, her innocence and for all intents and purposes her life. Now that she has had enough time to form a plan, grow up and buy herself a complete new face and body she is ready to dish out some hurt herself. And she does it while sitting in the middle of the viper's nest.

The targets? Dornan Ross and his sick sons.

“What was born as fear and grief has long since blossomed into hatred and rage.”


Well, what can I say? It's dark and twisted and not for the faint of heart. So far, it also isn't a romance story. I can guess what the endgame will be, but for now there are no rainbows and unicorns.

Actually, my guess is the things that happened in Seven Sons are just a little warm up. It probably will get a lot worse before any kind of light will appear at the end of the tunnel.

I'm ready!


All things considered I was surprised how the 'dark stuff' didn't really bother me too much. I'm beginning to get a little desensitised. Nothing that happened really shocked me or made me turn away in disgust. Which is actually a bit sad and sick on my part, I guess. Because [setting yourself up to get willingly fucked by the guy who raped you is just horrible beyond imagination.] (highlight to see spoiler)

One star gets taken away for swimming in salt water after getting a new tattoo. Seriously? That's just dumb.

Not sure if I will review every single book in the series, but I will keep you posted how things are progressing. ;D

No comments

Post a Comment

+up