July 24, 2014

Review: Reaper's Property by Joanna Wylde

Marie doesn’t need a complication like Horse. The massive, tattooed, badass biker who shows up at her brother’s house one afternoon doesn’t agree. He wants Marie on his bike and in his bed. Now.
But Marie just left her abusive jerk of an ex-husband and she’s not looking for a new man. Especially one like Horse—she doesn’t know his real name or where he lives, she’s ninety percent certain he’s a criminal and that the “business” he talks with her brother isn’t website design. She needs him out of her life, which would be a snap if he’d just stop giving her mind-blowing orgasms.
Horse is part of the Reapers Motorcycle Club, and when he wants something, he takes it. What he wants is Marie, but she’s not interested in becoming “property of”.
Then her brother steals from the club. Marie can save him by giving Horse what he wants—at home, in public, on his bike… If she’s a very, very good girl, she’ll get lots more of those orgasms only he can offer, and he’ll let her brother live. 
Maybe.





Amazon US | Amazon UK






MY REVIEW


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 damn that was hot STARS




I honestly didn’t expect to like this as much as I did. First and foremost Reaper’s Property get’s 4 Stars for overall hotness. Sometimes there really isn’t anything else you need. And holy shit...there were some scorching scenes in there. But beside that I really enjoyed the characters and the world Ms. Wylde built. I already read the next book and I really love the Reaper’s MC.




“It didn’t occur to me that I was glistening with sweat and wearing a bikini top until they turned off the bikes, pulled off their helmets and turned to scope me out. To make my own personal cliché perfect, Def Leppard’s Pour Some Sugar On Meblasted through the radio. I winced – I must look like a white-trash princess from hell, basking outside my trailer in a bikini to outdated butt rock.”

Marie

She just left her abusive soon to be ex-husband and lives with her brother Jeff in a trailer. They barely get by but Jeff does some work for The Reapers, a motorcycle club. And apparently he is some whiz kid when it comes to computers and probably hacking, not that Marie knows about any of that.
During one of the MC’s ‘business’ visits she gets to meet Horse.

“Marie: So why are you called Horse?Horse: Cause I'm hung like one.”

Horse

Now he is something else. He is rude, has no filter between brain and mouth. He is domineering as hell. Doesn’t take shit from no one, but I guess that goes with the territory when you’re a badass biker, right? He is also an accountant. But don't hold that against him! Oh, and he wants Marie...he wants her bad!

There is instant chemistry between the two and a relationship of sorts develops. Now things get pretty serious awfully fast, but Marie doesn’t really understand biker life or how things like ‘property’ are viewed within the biker culture...and she turns him down.

Oh no!
But fear not, here is where the story gets really interesting!!!

Jeff fucks up big time with the Reapers and Marie has to pay the price. BUT... I’m not going to tell you anything more. GO READ THE DAMN BOOK! *muahahahahahaha* Let’s just say it’s good and the pacing picks up considerably at this point. I liked it a lot.

“I want you to be my old lady, babe. That’s all I have to offer. I’m a Reaper, and this is my world. You wear my patch, you be my woman and I’ll be your man. We take the good times together and fight through the bad times. No games. That’s everything I’ve got and it’s all yours if you’ll take it.”


As far as stories about motorcycle clubs go this is one of the better books. The writing is actually pretty decent, the characters are relatable and the side characters make you curious and ultimately make you want to read the next in the series.

Did I mention that it was also really, really hot? There was this one scene...on the stairs.




I'm hooked...BIG TIME!

“You’re all mine, babe. Knew it the first time I saw you. Couldn’t give you up if I tried.”

No comments

Post a Comment

+up